Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Retract That Retraction

Well, PC Club is gone after all, and for reals this time. Apparently NAOC Holdings took over just long enough to file bankruptcy itself and shut everything down. Looking through the windows, it looks like a lot of people still have their computers in there. A quarter-century ago, I lost some home electronics when the repair place went bankrupt. I think if my computer were in there (and it has been on several occasions, since we bought it there), and my wife and kids were whining at me to do something about it, I'd be compelled to conduct a midnight requisition manuever. Not that I'm advising anybody.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At September 14, 2008 at 4:13 PM, Blogger Thai said...

I have thought a bit amount about your statement the other day: "The elimination of moral hazard bankrupts any system in more ways than one". And while I have never thought about it from what I think your point of view is, I wanted to say it is a very inciteful statement and does challenge a number of inconsistencies in my own views I had never recognized before.

Well said-- I agree with you.

 
At October 2, 2008 at 12:52 PM, Blogger Knute Rife said...

Thank you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home